FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » /sigh (Moderately long post)
  The time now is Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:44 am 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: /sigh (Moderately long post)  Reply with quote  

Jarreth
Shantotto's Bodyguard

One of the things I hate doing the most is leading someone on. But that seems to be exactly what I've been doing with my Army recruiter these past 8 months. When I first thought about re-enlisting the Army I was actually excited, so I did some research and found a recruiter. I was going through the process (despite how many obstacles seemed to present themselves) and my recruiter was really doing a good job getting me through them.

Yesterday I had a phone interview with the officer who was in charge of granting waivers for enlistment (in my case, because I was honorably discharged 8 years ago.). After basically chewing me out over being discharged to go to college (it's a bit more complicated but that's the gist of it) he told me I needed to convince him why I wanted to re-enlist, and to think about it before I contacted him again. So I thought about it, and discussed it with my parents. They helped me realize that I was joining for the wrong reasons, and it would be better to stop now before I join and end up regretting it for the next four years. (My dad's a psychiatrist so he's really good at getting inside your head and finding out what's going on).

So now I have the oh so pleasurable task of not only telling my recruiter "Despite how long we've been pursuing this, and how close we are to the end, I don't *actually* want to join now.",

but telling all my friends and relatives who were excited for me that even though I've been going on about how I'm joining, and what I'll be doing once I'm in, I've pretty much backed out at the last minute.

So pretty much I'm not going anywhere now, and see you in-game.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Roark
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Follow your heart and soul, and do not be ashamed.

Only you know what feels right.

-R

White Mage 90 Scholar 90 Black Mage 90
Chains of Promathia- Complete
Treasures of Aht Urhgan- Complete

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Telmaski
Tarutaru Murder Suspect

Glad you were able to figure out what you wanted before you re-signed up.

Also, on the plus side, you're in better shape now from all that running. Shirtless time at the beach!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Neovilla
Bird Basher

Well I'll have good know that you figure this out before it was to late. I'm sure everyone would understand and wouldn't want you enlist'n for the wrong reason. I did that in high school to the army recruiter I said maybe when I knew I should of say no took a couple calls in from class that I finally told him that isn't my plan.
[Bastok Mission: Completed] [ San doria Mission: Completed] [Windurst Mission: Completed] [RoZ Mission: Completed] [CoP Mission: Completed] [TouA Mission: Completed] [C: 28/50][WotG Mission: 24][ACP Mission:Completed][ MKD Mission: 2][ASA Mission: 10]

Neovilla: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=132283

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » /sigh (Moderately long post)
 Page 1 of 1