FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » This is a social Linkshell
  The time now is Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: This is a social Linkshell  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

You aren't always going to be able to acquire help!

Yes, it sucks, yes, such and such person got help when they needed it, but honestly, its hit or miss. Charybdis is not fun, assaults or nyzul is not fun, to some people. Most things, that require help, aren't fun. A social linkshell is not an endgame linkshell. Most endgame linkshells events, aren't fun, but are necessary for progress. A social linkshell is not there to help you progress, a social linkshell is there so you can chill and relax and do whatever, while talking to friends.

I don't want to log in, and find people trying to make everyone else feel bad, because they would rather have fun doing their own thing, than sit out at an NM camp for hours on end, for something that they may or may not already have camped before (and therefore know, that it isn't any fun at all).

If you only want to progress in this game, and dont give two craps about having fun, this is not the place for you.

If you have fun while doing things to progress, more power to you. But dont -expect- people of the shell to come help you with your progression, at your own whim. If people want to come help, so be it. If people don't, sorry, but that's how it is.
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Huit
Tarogpan Terrorizer

Side note: Please post in the NM section if you have the ToD for an NM and need help with it. This is the reason that section is created.

DO NOT assume people will drop everything they are currently doing and help you out, cause everyone is playing this game for the same reason - to have fun. and most importantly, if u do not get the help needed, please do not start up a rant in ls chat and make it a bad day for everyone (as per the above post)

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

haule
Antica Addict

you know as much as the rest you cant do everything in this game solo, all i was asking for was a mage to come help if it popped since dio was there for 12 hrs already sorry if thats to much to ask. And in the end we did get some help and it never spawned so he will be back again. As strong as a linkshell as we are we cant just have your mindset as helping anyone with anything is boring and doing whatever is fun. I remember a time when if someone needed help more then one person jumped to help not so much anymore ppl rather sit in campaign then help there fellow ls mate with something that they can not solo. I dont know why im the only one who can help and have fun doing it kinda strange.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Huit
Tarogpan Terrorizer

i really know how it feels to ask for help and no one replied, just ask me how i feel when i'm camping morbolger (i got the ToD by standing there a whole day) and got outclaimed as well twice with no help (althou i can solo it but outclaiming people is just really hard) even when i posted the ToD.

everyone in ff knows how tedious it is to get an NM killed in the game and thus when someone asked for help in the ls, help will be offered. The situation today happened at the most inconvenient time to most, mainly because it's after RS and limbus where most people had already logged or went afk long time.

i can't speak for most people, but during that time, me & pitpit are running our normal Nyzul Isle static, Jin was doing ToAU 44 and i'm pretty sure most people are afk taking a break or busy with something or might not have a mage job available.

The main point i'm trying to say is a lot of people in this ls will offer help at every instance possible (and please be honest, we all know that that's a truth), but please be considerate when you do not get the help when needed and do not post any 'rants' directly on ls chat as it does make a lot of people (including me) feel bad (when i really cant offer help as i'm in the middle of a static). As a result, me & pitpit left our static pt and came out to help (which made my static members unhappy >< i'm really sorry for tat)

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » This is a social Linkshell
 Page 1 of 1