FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » New Security Feature from Playonline PLEASE READ
  The time now is Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:22 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: New Security Feature from Playonline PLEASE READ  Reply with quote  

gillmaree
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

There is a new security agreement you can read as well. Typical that they give everyone 1 day to comply, and if there are any problems many might not be able to play. Before I sign up, I am going to call them first to verify that this is legitimate.

Jul. 28, 2009 20:00 [PDT] From: PlayOnline

Notice of New Security Features for PlayOnline

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we will soon implement a security feature for your protection known as The Payer Authentication Service (3-D Secure). This will be implemented on July 29 at around 2:00 (PDT) after the scheduled registration server maintenance. You can activate these services now at the below URLs:

Visa customers: www.VerifiedByVisa.com
MasterCard customers: www.SecureCode.com

All customers are encouraged to activate the appropriate service beforehand to avoid any issues once the services are implemented. Anyone updating their payment information after July 29 will need to register with the appropriate service before the change can be made.

* Please be sure to check with your credit card company if you are not sure if this service is supported.

* If you are a current PlayOnline member and your credit card company does not support this service, please contact the Information Center for further assistance. Be sure to have the payment method ready when you contact the Information Center.

If you have any questions about these new services, we encourage you to visit the above URLs. Also, the PlayOnline Information Center can be contacted at the below times for further assistance.

We hope you will find additional peace of mind with these security features.

PlayOnline Information Center
https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index.html
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: An Update  Reply with quote  

gillmaree

I have literally had to jump through hoops to try and accomplish the above request from PlayOnline, and I still have not made the objective.

So, if you are like me and have never used Online Banking, at least according to my bank procedures, you will have to sign up to do so. Even when I did this, I still could not access my account information, and my bank had to reset everything in order for me to access. I still am unable to get my card info verified by www.verifiedbyvisa.com because my Banking Institution has to literally send an e-mail to the service to link my account, which they tried to do, but PHAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! www.verifiedbyvisa.com is updating.................................I have to wait a couple hours, hopefully they are done before the end of the day...............not saying which day of which week of which month or year Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Fuja
Chocobo Rider

Looks like this is aimed at NA clients. I just tried to verify my card, but it didn't work. I already use online banking and Bank ID. Might be something with that or I don't have to worry at all when Monday comes.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

gillmaree

Frustrated Evil or Very Mad

I still cannot get my card verified. Reason given is that Verifiedbyvisa.com has been having problems all day, nothing wrong with my banking information or card.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: More news!  Reply with quote  

gillmaree

I spoke with POL customer service just now, so, for anyone concerned about getting their CC info verified, don't be. As long as you have a valid method of payment on file with POL, you will not have to worry about getting the card verified through the 2 URL's given. They do encourage that you verify your card before it expires however. If you have to change your payment information after today, you will have to contact POL Customer Service.

They also admitted to me that their POL statement could be misconstrued, in other words, people are overloading the 2 URL's because they are trying to comply with the POL message. This is the reason I am unable to verify mine although I know that others have been able to.

I hope this has been helpful. I do understand why POL is doing this and hope that all those annoying RMT /t will go away as a result, and that it will be more difficult for RMT activity and account hackers.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » News » New Security Feature from Playonline PLEASE READ
 Page 1 of 1