FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » I hate Macy's with a fiery passion today
  The time now is Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:24 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: I hate Macy's with a fiery passion today  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Late in May, right after I moved, I bought some furniture at Macy's. I was told at the time that it couldn't be delivered until June 20th. That wasn't great, but I figured I could manage for three weeks without living room furniture.

The day approaches, I'm all excited, but starting to get worried because I hadn't heard from them. I called them this morning (the day I was supposed to get the furniture) and was informed that the sofa isn't going to be available until July 20th. D: D: D:

I asked about the chair and they said it was ready now. Great, I said! I'm home! You can deliver it any time! Only, because Macy's has to do something different when deliveries are split, they couldn't deliver it to me today. So now I have to wait until July 3rd for the chair. I asked the guy point blank if I could have had the chair today if Macy's had informed me about the problem with the sofa ahead of time. He reluctantly said yes, so I pressed and said I felt the chair should be delivered today as scheduled. After much talking with various managers, I couldn't make it happen. There were profuse apologies from Macy's and I tried very hard not to take it out on the people there who are manning the phones. But I did tell them that I was going to be looking for an alternative, and if I find one (and I'm highly motivated to do that) they were going to lose my business, and a gift card to compensate me for the inconvenience just doesn't cut it. As it is, I will never buy from them again, and told them so.

I wouldn't be half so angry right now if Macy's had just called me to say the sofa wasn't ready, and would I like the chair for now. They didn't do that. That's just incompetent customer service, and I intend to complain to them about it. They have my contact info, and could have called. I'm paying them a lot of money for furniture, I expect good service and I'm not getting it.

So now I'm in a horrible mood. But at least I have fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

Wumy

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Ninelives
Le Fantôme de l’Forums

It's amazing what one well-placed phone call can do to remedy customer service problems and potential complaints. I learned that very quickly in my retail management days.

By the way, Macy's does indeed suck. When they bought out Jones Store, it went from well-priced place with excellent customer service to overpriced product with snooty personnel.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Striker
I has Kikoku!

Ninelives wrote:
It's amazing what one well-placed phone call can do to remedy customer service problems and potential complaints. I learned that very quickly in my retail management days.

By the way, Macy's does indeed suck. When they bought out Jones Store, it went from well-priced place with excellent customer service to overpriced product with snooty personnel.

I thought that was macy's in a nutshell.

Kikoku Obtained 8/17/08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

gillmaree
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

What happened to the Wumybrew?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

Didn't get a chance to brew on Saturday because I was shang-hai''d to sky by Squitt. This week sometime. I'm about to wash all my buckets in preparation.

Wumy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Harmoni

When i went to Macy's to try to buy Converse they said i had the wrong size feet. I wanted size 5 shoes and they said the smallest they had were size 7. So i walked over to the shelf and picked up a pair of size 3 1/2 shoes and they apologized and said they didn't realise that i want MEN's size shoes and I had to go the the men's dept and ask there. This logic defeated me so I gave up and went to Footlocker instead. I still dont understand how my feet are the wrong size . . .

TOP   BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Harmoni

gillmaree wrote:

I think it should be spelled Wumybrau

TOP   BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Harmoni wrote:
gillmaree wrote:

I think it should be spelled Wumybrau

It is Very Happy

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

what are you guys talking about with the wummybrau stuff x.x and sorry to hear that wummy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

I brew my own beer.

Also, Macy's is delivering the chair tomorrow, sometime between 10:30am and 12:30pm. Very Happy

Wumy

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » I hate Macy's with a fiery passion today
 Page 1 of 1