FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Assault Fustration and Kenjutsu
  The time now is Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:28 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Assault Fustration and Kenjutsu  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

so before i go into full blown rant mode first i would like to state for my own bemusement that for the purpose of this rant i shall from this point refer to the player known as Kenjutsu as EpicFailBoy aka EFB.

so if any of you run thru white gate on a given day you may or may not notice me shouting to do assaults many times to no avail, this rant mostly stems from my fustration at times making forward progress twards captain which is one of my most important short term goals in game.

often times my shouts go for naught so despite the fact that ive done these missions several times with certain members ive been able to note the competency of a semi static group of members that do reply when i happen to shout at the right times, how ever these mental notes are not always positive, in most cases EFB when allowed to join my ranks believe it or dont is found face down more then me, or if not at least less then 1% useful twards completing the final goal. but today after finnally getting 2 other dd's beside myself, i got a tell from EFB offering to main heal on bard.

now i really had to consider this carefully, and i did... everything in the back of my mind, front of my mind left and right side screamed this was a bad idea, my head doesnt always listen to my brain... /pcmd add Kenjutsu shoulda also inserted a /facepalm there but it did come later i assure you.

so in addition to him main healing on bard no one else had a ranged weapon, having already entered my bow was in my safe, i figured if we could at least pull one i could get a few finishing moves (i was sam/dnc and main healing really) so i could animated flourish pull. the duties assigned to EFB were main healing (read back up healing) and sleeping the lamia if he could get it to land.

upon the realization that no one had an ability to pull i requested of EFB to pull one of the BLM lamia, we were doing SM leujoram sanctum "Azure Experiments" since they are unsleepable.

my exact words were "Pull the blm lamia" then i immediatly followed up with "nvm pull which ever one you can thats safest" aparently this prompted him to cast horde lullaby... not only did he manage to pull, but he also managed to not sleep ANY of the lamia, further more the rest of the party in a panic started attacking the one that came to camp whilst the blm decided to rain firey doom in the form of aga 3 on us...

needless to say the outcome was quite predictable, and despite the the restraint ive used in describing the incident im quite vexed over the matter.

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Huit
Tarogpan Terrorizer

EFB!!! like the name Very Happy

wonders if he'll work fine with the DUTs haha
but seems to me he's one that u shd remember to not invite to ur pt, or one that u shd blist just in case u forget after a short while

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

nala
Weaver of Misfortunes

i assure you he is quite memorable, ive had several conversations with him in the past that even before in game interaction had me doubting his intelligence or the lack there of, but on numerous occasions he has proven himself utterly useless.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Assault Fustration and Kenjutsu
 Page 1 of 1