FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » This is too early...
  The time now is Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:13 am 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: This is too early...  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

...to be up on the weekend. It's 7 am, I should be sleeping still Sad The price one pays for cheaper motorcycle insurance...

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nama
Ovinnik Overlord

i wake up at 5:30 am on saturday you cant complain Razz

Every Drop of Sweat in Training is One Less Drop of Blood in Battle

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Oni
Bluredalidin

i've been waking up all night i'm so sick i feel like crap, i have a temperature, all my muscles are sore, my throat is killing me, and my head feels like a basket ball

If people were ment to be alone there wouldn't be so many of us on this planet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I get to do it again tomorrow Sad

And I can complain. You know why? I wake up that early on weekdays.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Kade
The Duke of San d'Oria

7am on Saturday and I was still at work, was there until just after we opened at 8am actually. Anybody that has/is working a graveyard shift job will tell you that our sleeping habits are different.

If i work the next night when i get home from work it's sleep during the day. If i happen to be off the next night when i get home it's take a nap if I feel like i need one, then sleep during the night like most people, but get up a bit earlier because you took that nap. Or it's take no nap and crash at night, and get that rare good nights sleep.

We had a snowstorm blow through here a few days ago, and my stepfather told me to be up at 8am because we had to shovel the driveway, he did not finish it that night because he was tired, after he had to snowblow the driveway 2.5 times that day and go into work for a few hours during the storm aftermath. I said screw that and went out shoveled the driveway by myself that night, he did not even know i was out there.

I got in, told him all he had to do was clean up work in the morning, and he said why did i do it then, as he would have helped out or told me to do it in the morning like he planned. I told him i did it because i did not want to get up in the morning, and leaving it all for him to do would have been wrong, so i did it then and i ended up being able to sleep in until 11am.

So yeah, i understand the need for sleeping in on your days off, and more power to you if you get it, but it could be worse, you could be out at 7am shoveling 18" of snow just so you can get to work, lol.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/KadeFFXI?ref=profile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Briana
Antica Addict

Does going to bed at 5 am count? >.>

Going out to see Rocky Horror then to Denny's afterward can really make your bedtime late! Laughing

Haven't accomplished much in FF, but did get Elder Vet in UO! Very Happy Oh, wait~ I finally did!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I've worked a graveyard shift doing technical support. It was a 10 hour shift with 3 day weekends. It sucked. I've worked various shifts so what I have now I really enjoy (9-5 m-f).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Legovial
Tarogpan Terrorizer

I worked the 11pm-9am/4 day work weeks before. It's so rough. On your days off, people expect you to be awake during the day, even if you've worked the night before. I can honestly say that for the 18 months I did it, I can't remember much of it at all. Seems like a fog - I was always so tired.

So yeah - graveyard shift sucks ; ;

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dracion
Crab Crusher

i work 9pm-7am, 4 days a week i just find it hard to go to sleep when i come straight home from work. normally end up falling asleep around 1-2pm everyday and yes working nights really sucks seems like no one takes into consideration of sleep schedules even with poeple i work with calling me at 4pm for no reason but to say hi neighbors kids thinking the wall is a drum set for them to beat on all day long the list could continue on but i wouldn't want to bore you with the details.

p.s. i should be sleeping atm but neighbors kids are home from school Mad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Zealos
Torama Taunter

My schedule is different every week...really sucks. And the store owner recently fired the opening manager so I had to take over opening for like 5 days after having been working 2-10...I usually go to bed at 4am, not get up and get ready to work. When I used to be a steady opener, I would get up at like 4:30am even on days off since my body was just used to getting up that early. Made things kind of rough Confused

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Work should be from 11 AM to 7 PM with a one hour nap at 2 PM.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dracion
Crab Crusher

Smile that sounds great petition the governments???????

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

Mayeh wrote:
Work should be from 11 AM to 7 PM with a one hour nap at 2 PM.

Im going to hate you if that is what you work...
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Squitt
電 話 武 士

Mayeh works with computers, so really there isn't any work at all other than annoying conference calls at 3am or wasteful meetings scheduled by people in other departments who hate your guts. Laughing

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Emeraldrae
Honourable Artist

I've been sleeping in four hour shifts at random intervals. I would LOVE to have a regular bedtime.

Emer's Main Gallery
Last Updated: February ('13)
Emer's Scraps
Last Updated: July ('13)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » This is too early...
 Page 1 of 1