FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXI Discussions » Beseiged
 Goto page Previous  1, 2 The time now is Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:45 am 

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Ok, piece of advice, BLMs stay up on the bridge. Going down into the melee area invites horrible, horrible death. Good news, if you die you don't lose experience. Well it was good news for me since I reraised 3 times during the undead attack since I got stuck down below. That fight all I did was cure and raise people and I got almost 300 exp for it.

Can't wait for the next one, I think next time I will try to get sanction with refresh before the fight starts.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Ahhh, so that's what happened.

Maintenance Notes - http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news7592.shtml

They upped the growth rate and the mob level for Beseiged. I was reading a thread on Allakhazam that mentioned that the mobs had made off with the teleportaru on a couple of worlds. My favourite post about this was:

ZarovichGaruda wrote:
So we just had our first massive onslaught of beastmen for besieged on the Garuda server. Needless to say, SEs new update caught most people with their pants down.

It was a tough battle and looked very grim, but we were able to pull it off and beat the beastmen back to Mamook.

That being said however, they ran off with our little Jeuno warp taru.

NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I SEEN SO MANY ANGRY AND MOTIVATED PEOPLE! It was freaking hilarious. War chants of "Save the Taru" and "Operation Taru Freedom" rang across of all Al'Zabi. A massive strike force was immediately dispatched to rescure our little stuttering taru companion (and the other 3 hostages). About a half-hour later, all NPCs were accounted for and the Mamook went from 75 down to 60.

If anyone was in the rescue strike force, I would love to hear some stories about how that went. Visions of {Burn} {Mamook} {Death} to {Majool Savages} still race across my screen giving me a good laugh. Just the sight of 400 very pissed level 75 people, all willing to work together to save a taru NPC so they could warp to Jeuno made my night.

Oh yeah, moral of the story, the beastmen a very strong now. Expect a good fight even with 500 people.

P.S. we also had the Trolls and Undead attack back to back about 30 minuets after. They were also good battles, but this time Garuda was prepared.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Alananir
DocWilco

That sounds awesome!

Elemental Magic Skill 8/8 Lightning Magic Potency 4/4 Ice Magic Potency 3/3 Fire Magic Potency 3/3 MP 5/8
Freeze II 1/2 Burst II 1/3 Flame II 1/2 Flood II 1/1 Quake II 1/1 Tornado 1/1
Great Katana 8/8 Critical Hit Rate 4/4 Meditate 5/5 Store TP 5/5 Overwhelm 5/5 Shikikoyo 1/? Blade Bash 1/? STR 3/5
BLM75 SAM75 NIN66 WHM44 WAR40 RNG38 RDM37 THF37 DNC37 COR21 MNK20

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Wumyamya
Ulmia's Soulmate

I did a level 5 Troll invasion tonight, and *boy* did SE tweek Besieged. Much, much harder, but also much, much more fun. Very Happy I got about 530 xp for it.

Wumy

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

zomg lol, id be madddd if the taru got taken >.> lol first besieged i did, everyone started shouting "Is the taru still here?!" "Make sure hes here!" , he was here, but someone started shouting that he wasnt, boy was that good.
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » FFXI Discussions » Beseiged
 Page 2 of 2