FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Wireless providers suck
  The time now is Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:08 am 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Wireless providers suck  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

I've used 3 major wireless providers over the past...15+ years. I started with Sprint...had problems, cancelled, had no mobile for a while, then went back to Sprint...had the same problems, dropped them for Verizon. I used Verizon for a while, started running into account problems that resulted in repeated service interruptions. It wasn't due to failure to pay my bill because I had never had problems like that before, and not since leaving Verizon. I left them for Cingular/AT&T and all seemed well at first. I haven't had billing or service problems, but there have been other various problems, such as SMS spam...from the provider.

Sprint:

I used them for only a couple of years. They kept adding on services without my request that I did not want. I request removal and that I not pay since I didn't request. It was usually resolved by me not paying, and sometimes service removed. I left them with the understanding that all I had to do was pay the remaining balance of the last bill. I did this and went to Verizon. I later got hit with a cancellation fee that I was told was waived. I reported to BBB and the response was an apology and yet another waive of the fee. They continued to send bills of $0.00 for about 6 months until I threatened harassment suit.

Verizon:

Service was decent, but coverage sucked. At first I had no problems with the account, but after a couple of years, it seems to have gotten screwed up somehow. I started having disconnects for non-payment, and when I call them, they see I actually payed and would waive reconnect fee and get me back up and running. This went on for a while. It started happening multiple times a month. They couldn't figure out why. I gave up giving them chances and left.

Cingular/AT&T:

I got a phone I thought would be a great phone, since it had bluetooth and that was one of my requirements for a new phone at the time. I didn't care much for the network connection speed, so it wasn't a 3G phone. Well, the phone had a bug that resulted in a memory leak which caused the device to crash at least once a day. Cingular refused it as their problem, as did the manufacturer. I was outside my 30 day phone trial so I couldn't simply exchange it at the store. I fought with them to exchange the phone, but they wanted to send me another device of the same model, which was very well known to not be the right solution because all of the phones had the problem. I eventually ended up with a Motorola phone that I was satisfied with. Now I have a different phone, which has problems that appear to be induced by provider customizations by Cingular that the provider has no interest in fixing. Other models are having other problems, with the same provider response.

To add on to this, Cingular, and now AT&T send me SMS spam. I opt out each time I get a spam, but I always get another sometime down the road. In fact, I received one recently that I opted out on once again, and called today to make sure I was opted out. It turns out, I was still "signed up" for solicitations. I never signed up for solicitations. It was for both phones on my account, and I know my uncle didn't sign up for solicitations. I know because he knows if I found out he did, I would cancel his service since I'm paying for it as a courtesy to him and my grandmother.

Why can't I have a stable service with stable billing and no bullcrap to deal with? At least with AT&T I haven't had service interruptions and stupid billing.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

danakate
aka Grace Abernathy

I've had AT&T/Cingular/AT&T since I started working back in 2001 and haven't had any issues whatsoever. I think I had 1 single pieces of SMS spam from them, but that was years ago. Then again, I also have a very simple phone...no camera, no bluetoof, no nothing...it just makes/receives calls and makes/receives texts. If I ever make the jump to more functionality, I'm sure I'll be gnashing my teeth same as you. :/

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Oni
Bluredalidin

how long ago was it that you had sprint? if its been around 5~ years then its safe to return i can help you with that. Good chance you ran into a bad rep that was adding features to it to make more money.

i also sell att and tmobile that i could help you with if you like feel free to pm me

If people were ment to be alone there wouldn't be so many of us on this planet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Gigiya
Antica Addict

tmobile prepaid ftw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Nimdae
Dog Food

Oni wrote:
how long ago was it that you had sprint? if its been around 5~ years then its safe to return i can help you with that. Good chance you ran into a bad rep that was adding features to it to make more money.

i also sell att and tmobile that i could help you with if you like feel free to pm me

It's been well over 5 years...probably over 8 years now. Still, I had it for a while, cancelled because I got fed up with it, then about a year later, went back, then probably a couple years after that, cancelled again for the same reason I cancelled the first time. Also, my sister and her husband are starting to face similar problems and they are considering leaving sprint. I don't think sprint will have me back (BBB complaint and lawsuit threat) and I don't particularly care to go back. Sprint has changed, sure...better service, better coverage, cool phones, and nextel...but they are still practicing the same business that made me leave.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ`ท.,ธ,.ท*ฏ[;::;‹]ᵒᴥᵒญญญญญญญญญญญญ)›

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Oni
Bluredalidin

actualy the whole billing system has changed and so has the structure of the company the previous ceo just got canned about a month ago and the company is looking for someone that is going to put it back on track. sprint is a great wireless provider and by far my favorite of the 3 i sell. their only problem is they try to go after to many hings at once before their done with previous ones. but like i said their in the market to change. and of course their the best when it comes to data by far no one else compares to the services they offer

If people were ment to be alone there wouldn't be so many of us on this planet.

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Wireless providers suck
 Page 1 of 1