FAQ FAQ   Search Search   Memberlist Memberlist   Usergroups Usergroups   Register Register 
The Honourable Souls
A Social Linkshell on FairySylph (FFXI) & Mysidia Ragnarok (FFXIV) 
  Profile Profile   Log in to check your private messages Log in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Command & Conquer 3: Tiberian Wars
  The time now is Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:07 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberian Wars  Reply with quote  

Zero
Why haven't you asked for a title yet?

Why under rants you say? Because Electronic Arts deserves to be shot and burned at the stake. One of, if not the, most anticipated game for PC players this year has come and went.

And the game doesn't even work.

90% of players are reporting this error or a dirivitve either anywhere from before the game starts to half an hour in:

Gross error eh? Today they came out with another patch (This game has been out five days and there have been three patches already) and it still does not adress the most fundemental issue.

The game doesn't work. What's EA's official statement? Turn off emulation software. That causes the bug. Let me ask something. How in **** does emulation software which has nothing to do with the game and does not even use D3D (DirectX 3D Rendering Software) screw up this? My answer is it doesn't. It's EA trying to push off the issue on something not even real. As I said they came out with another patch today. What does it fix? Multiplayer. What about the other 70% of people who can't even start the game?

Damnit EA, ever since you assimilated Westwood Studios you've turned the franchise into total garbage. You fail.

-Zero

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

I stopped playing Command and Conquer after the first one.. i played it on both, PC and N64 =P
GW2 - Retired: Dunador Serestil - Mesmer - Maguuma
Steam Handle: Dunador (Profile Link)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

I passed all the sp yesterday :3

The game is a good return to classic cnc, so its a good game if it works. I wasn't aware of ppl haveing so many problems.

Also imo (not much of an rts player) I like cnc for the story, I liked played coh better. Altho the new super weapons are like :DDD

TOP View user's profileSend private message  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

I played a few of the CnC games. I found them to be a lot like the Blizzard *craft games. Build as fast as you can, have just enough defence to survive the first onslaughts. Then spend all your time preparing a massive strike force. I grew bored easily since pretty much every scenario worked like that.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

TBH mayeh, being a major RTS, and Warcraft fan (didnt care much for starcraft), there is alot more thought process into it, if you get into advance types of gameplay. Like what troop to build to use, where to place your defense structures to allow you out, but keep the enemy away, yet prevent the towers/walls from being blown up. Also, got your resource management....

i could go on... but i shant lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

All that stuff is trivial. I always assume that people who have played these kinds of games understand base layouts and stuff. You don't have peons out in the field unprotected and all that, but really what are the differences? Very few of the scenarios can't be won using my tactic, and there are too few of the other type to keep me interested.

Strict time limit tends to be a bit more interesting since you have to be able to decide which tactic works better, a few good troops or a horde of cannon fodder.

A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies! A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!
- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Tibz
There and Back Again

I wish i had micro skills, lol i'm ok at it. But in almost all RTS I do some turtleing and some rp base building (making cool looking things) I was disappointed in cnc3's lack of buildable walls. TS had pavement and walls and good base building stuff. Also COH artillery makes a mockery of cnc arty.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Dunador
Chuck Norris Wannabe

I like to make maze labrynths of doom in Warcraft 3 =D, some custom scenarios, you can build traps and walls and stuff, so i make a huge trap maze, to where everyone who tried to enter my base, dies before they even hit me =D No ones ever smart enough to build a trebuchet and knock the walls down noooo. Then they wish they had when i swarm them with heavy knights =D

But im off topic.

And Mayeh, i apologize for your lack of ingenuity =P You need to be creative with your unit styles, find units who complement each other, and best expose the enemies weakness. Such as : Meat wagons that produce corpses, and necromancers that turn said corpses into skeletons, thus providing you with an unlimited army of skeletons. =D

Im sorry..... i like to rant..... DX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Zero

Personaly, I'm that guy with way too many tanks. Or sometimes I change that strategy and show up with a bunch of gun infantry. I'm a rusher and enjoy the hell out of a quick slaughter. If you fight me more than once you'll probably start catching on to my strategy idea.

One more thing about base defense in C&C. It's best to have tanks to do it as opposed to say some defense structures. They can move and protect flanks easier. Though, one fun thing I've tried doing in C&C 3 is que up about 10 guard towers for that oncomming assualt surprise.

-Zero

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberian Wars  Reply with quote  

Bigandbeefy
Fist of the Heavens

Zero wrote:
Why under rants you say? Because Electronic Arts deserves to be shot and burned at the stake. One of, if not the, most anticipated game for PC players this year has come and went.

And the game doesn't even work.

90% of players are reporting this error or a dirivitve either anywhere from before the game starts to half an hour in:

Gross error eh? Today they came out with another patch (This game has been out five days and there have been three patches already) and it still does not adress the most fundemental issue.

The game doesn't work. What's EA's official statement? Turn off emulation software. That causes the bug. Let me ask something. How in **** does emulation software which has nothing to do with the game and does not even use D3D (DirectX 3D Rendering Software) screw up this? My answer is it doesn't. It's EA trying to push off the issue on something not even real. As I said they came out with another patch today. What does it fix? Multiplayer. What about the other 70% of people who can't even start the game?

Damnit EA, ever since you assimilated Westwood Studios you've turned the franchise into total garbage. You fail.

-Zero

EA is the touch of death. Their business model is to crank out software, and then render it obsolete and unsupported in six months so you have to buy the next title, and the next, and the next. The only thing that keeps me from saying that Warhammer is going to pwn the MMO market is the fact that EA is distributing, and I don't know if even Games Workshop AND Mythic are powerful enough to keep them from ruining it.

And Mayeh: don't you mean you found the *Craft games to be imitations of the CnC games? Dune 2 came first, which would be a Westwood game and the precursor to the Command and Conquer games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Zero

Westood Studios: We invented the Real Time Strategy Game.

Enough said.

-Zero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Mayeh
Hand of Heaven

Right that's what it was called, Dune 2. That game got to be funny at some points. I use to build a path of concrete slabs to the enemy base and then I would add turrets. Who needs mobile units when you can have turrets blow up his base. Laughing

- Blade Runner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote  

Bigandbeefy
Fist of the Heavens

Zero wrote:
Westood Studios: We invented the Real Time Strategy Game.

Enough said.

-Zero

EA Games: Ruin Everything(tm)

I never thought I'd look upon Squeenix and Vivendi with something resembling respect, but after watching EA and SOE slaughter their various and sundry geese laying golden eggs... What the hell is the software industry coming to?

The Honourable Souls Forum Index » Rants » Command & Conquer 3: Tiberian Wars
 Page 1 of 1